- Yield: 25 servings
- 1package (2-layer) spice cake mix
- 4packages (4 ounce) butterscotch instant pudding mix
- 2 1/2cups milk
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4teaspoon allspice
- 1can (29 ounce) pumpkin
- 2cups whipping cream, whipped
- Prepare and bake the cake mix using the package directions. Let cool completely. Crumble half the cake into a trifle bowl.
- Prepare the pudding according to the package directions, using 2 1/2 cups milk.
- Blend the cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice into the pumpkin in a bowl. Mix the pudding and pumpkin mixture together in a bowl.
- Layer half the pudding mixture and half the whipped cream over the spice cake crumbs.
- Crumble 3/4 of the remaining spice cake over the whipped cream. Repeat the pudding mixture and whipped cream layers.
- Crumble the remaining spice cake over the top.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Favorite Recipes Press, Almost Homemade, Cake Mix Desserts, (Favorite Recipes Press, 2006)