Pumpkin Tofu Cheesecake
- Yield 16 servings
- 2 cups finely crushed ginger snaps
- 1/3 cup finely chopped soynuts
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 16 ounces silken soft tofu
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven 325F.
- To prepare crust, mix ginger snaps, soynuts and butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch springform pan.
- To prepare filling, combine cream cheese and next 7 ingredients (cream cheese through cloves) in food processor; process until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time; process until blended. Bake 50 to 55 minutes, until center is almost set. Cool before removing side of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours.
Recipe by Jim Stillman, courtesy of The Soyfoods Council