Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Yield 24 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 15 mins
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 15 ounces mashed pumpkin
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups California raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350F. Generously grease or line muffin cups with paper liners and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, vanilla, honey, oil, applesauce and pumpkin together until well combined. Set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Then, stir in egg mixture; add raisins and nuts. Mix just until blended.
- Fill 24 muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350F for 12 to 15 minutes, until done.
*May be prepared with whole grain sorghum flour with good results.
Recipe courtesy of the California Raisin Marketing Board