- Yield 10 to 12 servings
A delicious pumpkin bread, rolled with cream cheese and pecan filling
"I enjoy baking Pumpkin Roll because it's quick. It makes an attractive dessert, and everyone seems to like it."
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 beaten eggs
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix sugar, eggs, and pumpkin in a bowl.
- Sift flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda in another bowl. Combine the flour and pumpkin mixtures.
- Grease a rimmed baking sheet with oil and line with greased wax paper. Extend paper over sides of baking sheet. Pour batter in rectangular shape on wax paper and sprinkle with pecans. Bake for 15 minutes.
- For filling, beat cream cheese, vanilla, margarine, and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Sprinkle a clean dishtowel with powdered sugar; flip cooked batter face down on towel. Remove wax paper. Roll loosely and let set until cooled. Unroll cake. Spread with filling. Roll again (without the dishtowel). Wrap in aluminum foil and freeze. Unwrap and slice while frozen.
—Wanda Coward, Paragould, Ark.