Pumpkin Ravioli with Sage Brown Butter
- Yield: 6 servings
Pumpkin ravioli or tortelloni can be found in the fall at markets where fresh pasta is sold. Simply (if richly) sauced, it is as natural as mashed potatoes beside your turkey—maybe more so. Serve with shaved Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
- 1pound fresh or frozen pumpkin ravioli or tortelloni
- 4tablespoons unsalted butter
- 18 small fresh sage leaves
- 1tablespoon dry sherry
- 1/2teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4cup toasted pine nuts
- Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain.
- Melt butter in a wide, heavy pan over medium heat, swirling occasionally, until just beginning to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add sage leaves, and immediately remove pan from heat. Toss sage to lightly fry. Stir in sherry, salt and pepper.
- Add ravioli and half the pine nuts to the sauce; toss gently to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with remaining pine nuts.