Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream with Tofu
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 25 mins
An ice cream that tastes like your favorite pie—but much healthier.
The weather outside might be a little chilly, but your heart will warm with just one spoonful of this sinfully decadent pumpkin pie ice cream. This ice cream literally makes me do a little involuntary dance of joy every time I eat it. Like fresh pumpkin pie, Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream is best when eaten immediately after freezing. Put this ice cream in the ice cream maker just as you're about to sit down to dinner, and by the time you're done, dessert will be waiting for you.
- 2 packages (12.3-ounce) soft silken tofu
- 3/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup loosely packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Whisk together all the ingredients in a medium bowl until smooth, or blend them in a blender until smooth. Pour into an electric ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. This usually takes 25 to 30 minutes to freeze. Makes 1 quart.
Recipe from Quick and Easy Vegan Celebrations: Over 150 Great-Tasting Recipes—Plus Festive Menus—for Vegantastic Holidays and Get-Togethers All Through the Year, copyright © Alicia C. Simpson, 2010. Reprinted by permission of the publisher, The Experiment, LLC.