Pumpkin Pie Cake
- Yield 1 pieces
Pumpkin pie gets a creative cake treatment in this simple rendition made in a slow cooker.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 15 ounces pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Line slow cooker with foil collar and sling. Spray with cooking spray.
- Cream together brown sugar and butter. Beat in eggs one at a time until thoroughly combined. Beat in pumpkin.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt. Gradually stir into pumpkin mixture. Pour into prepared slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Check at 2 hours and rotate if necessary.
- Use sling to lift cake from slow cooker and let cool for 15 minutes before serving. Top with whipped cream or serve with ice cream.