Pumpkin Pancakes with Apple Cinnamon Syrup
- Yield: 8 to 10 pieces
- 1-- egg
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4cup milk, or 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2cup pumpkin puree
- 1cup pancake mix
- -- Ground cinnamon, ground cloves and ground ginger to taste
- Apple Cinnamon Syrup:
- 1-- (12-ounce) can frozen apple juice concentrate
- 2cups sugar
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2cups (4 sticks) butter
- To prepare the pancakes, combine the egg, oil, milk and pumpkin puree in a large mixing bowl and mix well. Mix the pancake mix, cinnamon, cloves and ginger together. Add to the pumpkin mixture and stir just enough to combine. Pour 1/4 cup at a time on a hot buttered griddle. Cook until brown on both sides, turning once.
- To prepare the syrup, combine the apple juice concentrate, sugar, cinnamon and butter in a saucepan. Cook over low heat until melted and smooth, whisking frequently. Serve over hot pancakes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Wichita Fall’s Now Serving (the Junior League of Wichita Falls, Tx., 2008).