Pumpkin Pancakes with Apple Cinnamon Syrup
- Yield 8 to 10 pieces
Taste the flavors of fall in these delicious pancakes.
- 1 -- egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk, or 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup pancake mix
- -- Ground cinnamon, ground cloves and ground ginger to taste
- Apple Cinnamon Syrup:
- 1 -- (12-ounce) can frozen apple juice concentrate
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups (4 sticks) butter
- To prepare the pancakes, combine the egg, oil, milk and pumpkin puree in a large mixing bowl and mix well. Mix the pancake mix, cinnamon, cloves and ginger together. Add to the pumpkin mixture and stir just enough to combine. Pour 1/4 cup at a time on a hot buttered griddle. Cook until brown on both sides, turning once.
- To prepare the syrup, combine the apple juice concentrate, sugar, cinnamon and butter in a saucepan. Cook over low heat until melted and smooth, whisking frequently. Serve over hot pancakes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Wichita Fall’s Now Serving (the Junior League of Wichita Falls, Tx., 2008).