- Yield servings
For those mornings that call for a little dose of comfort, this fall favorite is fit for anytime of year.
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans, crushed (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoon butter or coconut oil
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl except optional pecans.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet to medium heat and coat griddle/pan with butter or other fat source when hot.
- From here, traditional pancake rules apply with a slight modification. These will not bubble like your traditional pancakes. The batter is a bit thicker. On medium heat the first side takes about 2-3 minutes to brown then another 1-3 minutes on the other side.
Variations—We’re fans of adding a few chopped nuts on top of a freshly poured pancake. You can also top a stack of these beauties with a few berries, or mix into the batter some finely chopped apples for a little sweetness.
Reprinted with permission from Paleo Comfort Foods by Charles and Julie Mayfield.