Pumpkin Madeleine Cake Balls
- Yield servings
Soft and tender pumpkin cake coated in white chocolate makes for highly addictive pop-in-your-mouth sweets.
- 6 Traditional Madelines
- 6 French Almond Cakes
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 ounce butter, softened
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pound white chocolate
- Start by making a Cream Cheese frosting. Blend together butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until nice and creamy.
- Using your hands crumble the cakes into a bowl. Add the pumpkin, frosting, and all of the seasonings. Stir until well blended.
- Form into 1 inch balls. Place on a lined cookie sheet, and refrigerate until hardened, approx 30 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate in a large bowl. One at a time dip the cake balls into the chocolate. Put sprinkles on when the chocolate is wet, if desired. Place on a lined tray, and refrigerate until hard. Store in the fridge.
—Recipe by Erin, Dinner, Dishes & Desserts