- Yield 12 servings
A new twist on a favorite dip or spread, Pumpkin Hummus is a great seasonal variation.
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 -- (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 -- (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and puree until smooth. Add a bit of extra water if the mixture is too thick to blend. Makes about 2 cups. Serve on toasted whole wheat pita triangles or with fresh vegetables.