Pumpkin Crumble Muffins
- Yield: 24 servings
- 1/2cup all purpose flour
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4cup brown sugar
- 3tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2cup old fashioned oats
- 2cups pumpkin puree
- 4large eggs at room temperature
- 1cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/3cup water
- 1tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2cups granulated sugar
- 2tablespoons cinnamon
- 1teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1teaspoon ground ginger
- 2teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2teaspoons salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon and brown sugar. With fingers, mix in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in nuts and set aside.
- Prepare pans with non-stick cooking spray or cupcake liners
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or with electric hand mixer, beat pumpkin, eggs, canola oil, water and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Sift flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, soda and salt to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and beat until just combined.
- Using a medium scoop, fill prepared muffins tins ¾ full. Top each muffing with 2 tablespoons streusel topping.
- Bake for 23-28 minutes until toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from baking pan.
Makes 24 muffins