- 3cups flour
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1teaspoon cornstarch
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1box vanilla pudding mix
- 1cup butter, softened
- 3/4cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2cups chocolate chips (I used mini chips)
- Heat oven to 325F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat baking mats.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt and pudding mix.
- Cream the butter with the sugars until light.
- Add eggs, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl after each one.
- Add vanilla and pumpkin. Slowly add the flour, and fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop into rounded tablespoons on lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 325F for 15 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack.
This recipe from French Press for Honest Cooking was republished with permission. It originally appeared as Soft Baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.