Pumpkin Chicken Alfredo with Polenta and Pepita Pesto
- Yield: servings
- 2pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1teaspoon each: coarse salt, lemon pepper seasoning, dried rosemary
- 2tablespoons plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided use
- 1cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2cups low fat low sodium chicken broth
- 2tablespoons Teriyaki sauce
- 1/4-- teaspoon: ground nutmeg
- 1cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus 1/2 cup, divided use
- 1-- tube polenta, cut into 16 rounds, approximately 1/4 inch in width
- 1/4cup mango chutney
- Pepito Pesto ingredients:
- 1cup toasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/4cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon each: coarse salt and black pepper
- 2cloves garlic
- 1cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 1/2teaspoons Adobo all purpose seasoning
- 1/4cup fresh lime juice
- -- **
- 1/4cup sweetened dried cranberries
Rinse and cut chicken into strips 1/2 inch wide by 2 inches long. Combine the coarse salt, lemon pepper and rosemary and toss the strips with the seasoning to coat. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large fry pan and brown chicken strips over medium heat until no pink remains. Remove chicken to holding plate. Maintaining heat, add the pumpkin, broth, teriyaki sauce and nutmeg to the pan, stirring until well combined and bubbly. Add back the chicken and 1-cup Parmesan cheese to the pan and heat through. Cover and keep warm.
Heat a large grill-pan over medium-high heat. Brush polenta rounds lightly with 2 tablespoons olive oil and chutney and line polenta rounds across grill-pan. Grill until bottom of polenta leaves a grill mark. Do not flip until grill marks show. Remove to a plate.
Prepare the pesto by placing the pumpkin seeds in a food processor along with 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2-teaspoon pepper, garlic, cilantro, Adobo seasoning and lime juice. Pulse until well combined and seeds are coarsely ground. Remove pesto to a serving bowl.
To assemble dish: place polenta rounds on a serving platter, cover with hot chicken pumpkin alfredo sauce, top with pesto and sprinkle cranberries on to hot sauce to garnish.. Serve with remaining Parmesan cheese on the side to add as desired. So Good!