- Yield: 16 servings
"This is one of my family's favorite recipes. I use it at Christmas because my family doesn't like traditional fruit cake."
- 1 1/2cups vegetable oil
- 2cups sugar
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 2teaspoons baking soda
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon allspice
- 3teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1cup chopped pecans
- 1cup raisins, soaked in warm water, then drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2cup margarine
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (1-pound) box confectioners' sugar
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup chopped pecans
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix oil and sugar with an electric mixer. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, allspice and cinnamon. Add pumpkin to mixture. Add flour mixture.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Add vanilla, pecans, raisins and pineapple; mix well. Pour into tube or Bundt pan or 3 very small (5-by-3-inch) loaf pans.
- Bake 1 hour, if using tube or Bundt pan. Test the small ones after baking 30 minutes. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- To prepare the icing, mix margarine and cream cheese with an electric mixer. Add sugar and salt. Mix until well blended. Add pecans and vanilla. Spread on cooled cake.
Recipe by Allene Scherm, Stuttgart, Ark