- Yield 24 servings
You might not even realize there is pumpkin in this cake -- it tastes more like a wonderful spice cake.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (16-ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup butterscotch morsels
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and dust with flour.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat pumpkin, eggs, egg whites, brown sugar and oil with a mixer at medium speed 3 minutes. Stir in dry ingredients just until blended.
- Spread batter in the baking pan and sprinkle with butterscotch morsels. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares.