- Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- 2cups sugar
- 1cup vegetable oil
- 3-- eggs
- 2cups canned unsweetened pumpkin
- 3cups flour
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon baking powder
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1teaspoon ground cloves
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 1teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease well two 9×5-inch loaf pans.
- Beat the sugar with the oil until blended. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in the pumpkin.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg together.
- Add the dry mixture to the pumpkin mixture and combine well.
- Turn the batter into the prepared pans and bake 1 hour. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove and finish cooling on a wire rack.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Wishbone Press and Promotions Inc. Talk Turkey to Me (Glen Ellyn, Illinois, 2006).