- Yield 10 to 12 servings
A quick bread bursting with the fragrance and essence of the season!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 -- eggs
- 2 cups canned unsweetened pumpkin
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease well two 9×5-inch loaf pans.
- Beat the sugar with the oil until blended. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in the pumpkin.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg together.
- Add the dry mixture to the pumpkin mixture and combine well.
- Turn the batter into the prepared pans and bake 1 hour. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove and finish cooling on a wire rack.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Wishbone Press and Promotions Inc. Talk Turkey to Me (Glen Ellyn, Illinois, 2006).