Pumpkin-Apricot Crumble Pie
- Yield 8 servings
Pumpkin and apricots star in this easy dessert.
- 1 (6-ounce) package dried apricots, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (16-ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/4 cups evaporated skimmed milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Mix apricots and brown sugar in a small bowl. Place 3/4 cup of the mixture in bottom of pie shell; reserve remaining mixture for topping.
- Combine eggs, pumpkin, sugar, apricot preserves, cinnamon, ginger and evaporated milk in a large bowl; mix well. Pour into pie shell and bake 15 mintues. Reduce temperature to 350F and bake another 30 minutes.
- Add margarine and flour to reserved crumb mixture, sprinkle over pie and bake another 20 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.