Pulled Chicken and Slaw Sliders
- Yield 12 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 3 mins
Everyone's favorite little barbecue sandwich, updated with chicken.
This lazy nod to North Carolina barbecue substitutes a store-bought chicken for slow-smoked pork.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice (from a jar of pickles)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package (16-ounce) shredded cole slaw mix
- 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 cups roughly shredded rotisserie chicken
- slider buns
- To prepare slaw, whisk all ingredients together, except cole slaw mix, in a large bowl. Add cole slaw mix and toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To prepare chicken, combine barbecue sauce, vinegar and chicken in a bowl. Microwave about 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- To serve, place chicken on bun bottoms. Spoon slaw on top of chicken. Place remaining bun halves on top.
—Recipe by Laraine Perri for Relish, Oct. 2009