Puget Sound Sassy Salmon Cake Salad
- Yield 4 servings
Pretty salmon cakes are the best topping for a light springy salad studded with raspberries.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, divided
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/2 cup chopped Walla Walla sweet onions
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 12 ounces skinless salmon fillets, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons mild olive oil
- 3 tablespoons roasted walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 (5-ounce) bag mixed baby greens
- 3/4 cup Washington grown red raspberries
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, and horseradish. Stir in panko, onions and celery until mixed. Gently stir in salmon; form into 3-inch patties.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Working in batches cook salmon patties until golden on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Make dressing by whisking walnut oil, vinegar, salt and remaining Dijon mustard in a large bowl. Add mixed baby greens to bowl and toss to coat,
- To serve, place baby greens onto 4 dinner plates, top with salmon patties and sprinkle raspberries over all.