Prosciutto-Wrapped Codfish with Pea Greens, Pearl Onions, and Pea Sauce
- Yield: 6 servings
- 6-- thick codfish fillets (7 oz. each)
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 6-- thin sheets of shaved Italian prosciutto
- 1pound golden pea greens
- 1pint pearl onions
- 4tablespoons butter
- 1cup green pea sauce
- 2ounces whipped cream
- For this presentation you will need to get the fillets from a large codfish. Season the fish with salt and pepper and wrap it in one of the prosciutto slices. Repeat the process for the other five fillets. Place a cast iron or steel saute pan over medium high heat. Add the olive oil to the pan and saute the fish for 30 seconds on each side. Place 2 tablespoons of butter in the pan and place it in a 400F oven for an additional 5 mintues. Transfer the fish to a warm plate and let it rest.
- Blanch the pearl onions in salted boiling water for 5 minutes. Shock them in cold water. Cut off the root end and squeeze out the clean onion.
- Warm a saute pan with the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Place the pearl onions in the pan and saute them for 1 minute. Toss the golden pea tendrils in the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 20 seconds and transfer them equally to the six serving plates. Place a warm fish in the center of each plate.
- Warm up the pea sauce and whisk in the cream. Spoon it around the fish.
Recipe reprinted with permission from A Life by the Sea by: Chef Dean James Max (Boca Raton, Fl., 2005).