- 3whole thick beef rib-eye steaks (about 2
- Gray sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 2cups fresh finely grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Preheat a grill to high.
- Season steaks well with salt and pepper. Pound the seasonings in well. Drizzle steaks on both sides with olive oil.
- Place meat on grill to brown, about 5 minutes each side. Remove steaks from grill, place on a large cookie tray. Cover top generously with mustard parmesan coating. Top with large piles of parmesan, spreading out to edges carefully with fingers. Place steaks in oven for 8 or 9 minutes.
For more information on why meat needs to rest after cooking, watch this video for tips from the “Butcher Boys” of Porter Road Butcher in Nashville, TN