- Yield: 12 servings
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb, 1/4-inch dice, fronds reserved
- 1 sweet onion, 1/4-inch dice
- 2 spring carrots, peeled, 1/4-inch dice
- 1bunch medium to large asparagus, trimmed and sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1cup shelled fresh green peas
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated deep-dish pie crust
- 2cups half-and-half
- 4 eggs
- 5 to 6ounces herb cream cheese (such as Boursin or Rondelle), softened
- 1cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1ounce fresh basil, chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add fennel, onion and carrots and cook 4 minutes, stirring. Add asparagus, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes. Add peas and garlic; cook 2 minutes. Spread vegetables evenly on the bottom of the pie crust.
- Whisk together half-and-half, eggs and herb cheese until smooth. Pour over vegetables. Sprinkle Parmigiano Reggiano on top.
- Bake until the top is puffed and golden brown and a knife in the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes and slice into wedges. Sprinkle each serving with basil.
Watch our video to see how it’s made:
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 264
- Fat 18g
- Cholesterol 102mg
- Sodium 339mg
- Carbohydrate 18g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 9g