Primavera Pasta Salad
- Yield 6 servings
Garden fresh vegetables and pasta are cooked with a honey and lemon juice sauce.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 -- tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup julienne zucchini
- 1/2 cup julienne carrots
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 6 ounces linguine pasta, cooked
- -- Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add broccoli and garlic and stir-fry 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add tomatoes, zucchini, carrot, honey, lemon juice, lemon peel and seasonings. Simmer about 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring gently.
- Toss with noodles; cool. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve at room temperature or chilled.