Primavera de Crudaiola
- Yield 4 servings
A salad that’s so rustic it’s elegant, Primavera di Crudaila is a seasonal selection of raw vegetables drizzled with high-quality olive oil.
- 1 (4-ounce) package fresh arugula, well-washed, ends trimmed
- 1 small head radicchio, separated into leaves
- 10 fresh radishes in a bunch with leaves, thinly sliced with a little of the leaf on each
- 1 bulb fennel, ends trimmed and bulb thinly sliced
- 12 to 15 pencil-thin asparagus
- 4 to 5 stalks white asparagus, thinly sliced, optional
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh-grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Arrange the arugula on a large plate. Scatter the radicchio, radishes, fennel, green asparagus and white asparagus, if using, over the arugula. Drizzle with olive oil, squeeze on the juice from the lemon, sprinkle with cheese and season with salt and pepper.