Pretzel Jell-O Salad
- Yield: 16 servings
"I got this recipe from my aunt who lived back East. Every summer we went to her place, and I made it all the time."
- 2 1/2 to 3cups crushed pretzels (place pretzels between 2 sheets of waxed paper and crush with a rolling pin)
- 3teaspoons sugar
- 3/4cup melted butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1cup sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) container whipped topping
- 1 (6-ounce) box strawberry Jell-O
- 2cups boiling hot water
- 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350F (250F if using a glass pan).
- Mix crushed pretzels with 3 teaspoons sugar and butter and spread in a greased 9-by-13-inch pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Mix cream cheese and 1 cup sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread to edge of dish on top of pretzel layer.
- Dissolve Jell-O in water in a bowl. Add strawberries. Mix well and put in refrigerator until thickened.
- Pour over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until firm and ready to serve.
Note: Raspberry Jell-O and frozen raspberries may be substituted for strawberry Jell-O and frozen strawberries.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: This dish is sweet enough to have for dessert.
—Betty L. Freeman, Barstow, Calif.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Glycemic Load 9
- Calories 410
- Fat 19g
- Saturated Fat 11g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 55mg
- Sodium 480mg
- Potassium 140mg
- Carbohydrate 57g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 39g
- Protein 5g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Vitamin A 10%
- Vitamin C 40%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 8%