Pretzel Jell-O Salad
- Yield 16 servings
A sweet salad with a crushed pretzel crust, cream cheese filling, and strawberries on top
"I got this recipe from my aunt who lived back East. Every summer we went to her place, and I made it all the time."
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups crushed pretzels (place pretzels between 2 sheets of waxed paper and crush with a rolling pin)
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) container whipped topping
- 1 (6-ounce) box strawberry Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling hot water
- 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350F (250F if using a glass pan).
- Mix crushed pretzels with 3 teaspoons sugar and butter and spread in a greased 9-by-13-inch pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Mix cream cheese and 1 cup sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread to edge of dish on top of pretzel layer.
- Dissolve Jell-O in water in a bowl. Add strawberries. Mix well and put in refrigerator until thickened.
- Pour over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until firm and ready to serve.
Note: Raspberry Jell-O and frozen raspberries may be substituted for strawberry Jell-O and frozen strawberries.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: This dish is sweet enough to have for dessert.
—Betty L. Freeman, Barstow, Calif.