- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 0 mins
- 1/2 cup day-old bread crumbs
- 1 cup water
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 -- walnut halves
- 2 -- cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 -- green pepper, cored and cut into 2-inch squares
- 4 ounces fresh spinach, stems removed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- -- Plain yogurt, for garnish, optional
- -- Chopped toasted California Walnuts, for garnish, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and water; add the vinegar set aside to soak for 30 minutes.
- In the bowl of a powerful blender, combine the breadcrumbs and all the water, the olive oil, walnuts, cucumbers, green pepper, spinach and salt; blend until smooth, you may need to push some of the ingredients down to facilitate blending.
- Add a little extra ice water if necessary; store the gazpacho in the fridge until chilled. Garnish with a little drizzle of yogurt and extra walnuts; served cold.