- Yield 4 cups
Place these sugary walnuts in pretty tins, add gift tags, and hand them out to your lucky friends.
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups walnut halves or pieces
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or a silicon liner.
- Add the sugars, chipotle powder and salt to a small bowl. Mix with a fork until well combined. In a separate bowl, add the nuts and egg white. Toss to coat all over. Pour the sugar mixture over and stir using a rubber spatula until nuts are evenly coated. Scrape onto prepared sheet pan and bake 30 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Let cool completely, then break nuts apart and store in a tin in a cool dry place.
Recipe by Jennifer Perillo.