- Yield 12 to 16 servings
Praline sauce tops this creamy cheesecake.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 -- (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 -- (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 -- eggs
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- Praline Sauce:
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- To prepare the crust. Combine crumbs, sugar and chopped pecans.
- Stir in butter.
- Press mixture on bottom and 1 1/2-inches up sides of a 9 or 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350F for 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
- To prepare the filling. Combine cream cheese, brown sugar, milk, flour and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, beating just until blended.
- Pour mixture into baked crust. Bake at 350F for 50 to 55 minutes, or until set.
- Cool in pan 30 minutes, then loosen sides and remove rim from pan.
- Cool completely.
- Arrange pecan halves on top.
- Slice and serve with Praline Sauce.
- To prepare praline sauce. Combine syrup, cornstarch and brown sugar in small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Cool slightly.
- Spoon sauce over each serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Augusta’s Second Round; Tea Time at the Masters(Augusta, Georgia, 1988).