Potatoes au Gratin
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 20 mins
Buttery mashed potatoes get a broiled Parmesan topping.
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool. Mash with a potato masher.
- Mix in 1 tablespoon butter, salt, pepper, garlic, nutmeg and 1/2 cup Parmesan. Mix well.
- Preheat broiler. Butter a shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- Spread potatoes in pan and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan. Dot with remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- Place under low broil until top is golden brown.
Recipe courtesy of Tuckaway Farms.