Parmesan Potatoes au Gratin
- Yield 10 servings
These potatoes are perfectly seasoned and will become a family favorite in no time.
- 6 Idaho potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup heavy cram
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the potatoes with the cream, half-and-half, eggs, butter, 1 cup cheese, the garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper in a bowl; mix to coat the potatoes evenly.
- Spoon the potato mixture evenly into a buttered dish. Bake, covered, in a preheated 350F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese. Broil until golden brown. Cool slightly before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from PCH Hotels and Resort’s Grand Traditions (PCH Hotels and Resorts, Inc., Point Clear, Al., 2009).