Potatoes Au Gratin – Low-Fat
- Yield 8 to 10 servings
These potatoes are a wonderful part of a satisfying dinner for a hungry family.
- 1 (8-ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 2 1/2 pound baking potatoes (approximately 4 large), peeled and thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a large baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Combine cream cheese and flour in a small saucepan. Add in milk and garlic over low heat, and stir for 3 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Arrange potato slices in an overlapping pattern in baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Douse potatoes with half of cheese mixture, then top with green onions.
- Arrange remaining potato slices, add salt and pepper and the rest of cheese mixture. Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly and brown.