Potatoes Au Gratin – Low-Fat
- Yield 8 to 10 servings
These potatoes are a wonderful part of a satisfying dinner for a hungry family.
- 1 -- (8-ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 3 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 2 1/2 pound baking potatoes (approximately 4 large), peeled and thinly sliced
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 1 1/2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, combine cream cheese and flour. Gradually add milk and garlic, stirring over low heat until the mixture thickens and is heated, about 3 minutes. Slightly overlap a layer of potato slices in baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Pour half the cheese mixture over potatoes. Sprinkle with green onions. Repeat layering with remaining potato slices, salt, pepper and cheese mixture. Bake, covered, 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender and browned.