Low-Fat Potato Soup
- Yield: 2 servings
- 2cups frozen hash brown potatoes, partially thawed
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can fat-free chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/3cup finely chopped onion
- 1tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3cup skim milk
- Heat hash browns, broth and onion in a large nonstick pot until boiling.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Whisk together flour and milk. Add in potatoes and boil, then reduce heat and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Make sure to stir.
- If soup over-thickens, add more milk.