Low-Fat Potato Soup
- Yield 2 servings
This snazzy soup starts with hash browns, so no time-consuming potato peeling. It's almost faster than opening a can.
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, partially thawed
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can fat-free chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- Heat hash browns, broth and onion in a large nonstick pot until boiling.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Whisk together flour and milk. Add in potatoes and boil, then reduce heat and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Make sure to stir.
- If soup over-thickens, add more milk.