Low-Fat Potato Soup
- Yield 2 servings
This snazzy soup starts with hash browns, so no time-consuming potato peeling. It's almost faster than opening a can.
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, partially thawed
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can fat-free chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- In medium nonstick pot, heat hash browns, broth and onion to a boil. Reduce heat and cook, covered, 8 to 10 minutes.
- In small bowl, whisk together flour and milk. Add to potato mixture and bring to boil. Reduce heat, and cook, stirring, 5 minutes or until thickened. For thinner soup, add more milk. Makes 2 cups.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age.