Potato Salad with Olives and Jalapenos
- Yield 6 servings
Jalapeno-stuffed green olives add a punch to this potato salad.
"I love celebrating with my friends with a barbecue, fresh corn, iced tea and a cool potato salad on a hot, summer day."
- 3 medium baking potatoes, peeled if desired (about 1 pound total)
- 2 quarts water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 jalapeno chile-stuffed olives, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine potatoes, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a stockpot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Drain well, and cool completely, about 1 hour. Cut cooled potatoes into cubes.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and cayenne in a large bowl; mix well. Stir in olives, celery and onion. Add potatoes and eggs; stir gently to blend. Serve immediately, or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
Recipe by Phyllis Wong, Laughlin, Nev.