Potato Muffins Polynesia
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 50 mins
- 3 large Idaho potatoes, pared, quartered
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 2 -- eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -- 20-oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1-1/2 cup diced, cooked ham
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
Place potatoes in a large saucepan with 1 inch of boiling, salted water. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Drain. Mash or beat potatoes with electric mixer until smooth.
Add milk, eggs, butter, mustard, and pepper; beat until light and fluffy. Fold in pineapple and ham.
Butter four 10-ounce baking dishes; spoon potato mixture into prepared dishes, and sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon nuts. Place on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 400F oven for 45 to 50 minutes, until golden.
Remove from oven; let stand for 10 minutes. Loosen muffins from sides of dishes; turn out and stand right-side-up on serving plate.