Potato Gratin with Boursin
- Yield 8 servings
These delicious gratin potatoes featuring boursin cheese make an excellent side dish.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 -- (5-ounce) package boursin cheese with herbs
- 5 medium baking potatoes, thinly sliced
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Combine the heavy cream and cheese in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the cheese is melted and the mixture is well blended, stirring constantly.
- Arrange half of the unpeeled potato slices in slightly overlapping rows in a greased 9×13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Pour half of the cheese mixture over the potatoes. Arrange the remaining potato slices over the cheese mixture. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Top with remaining cheese mixture.
- Bake at 400F for 1 hour or until the top is golden brown and the potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with parsley over the top.
Note: You may serve immediately or store, covered, in the refrigerator for 1 day to improve the flavor.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Forward Arts Foundation’s The Swan’s Palette(Atlanta, Georgia, 2000).