Potato-Crusted Chicken with Blue Cheese Polenta
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4-- trimmed and ready boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1teaspoon lemon pepper blend
- 1/3cup parmesan cheese
- 1cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/3cup rice flour
- 1/2cup vegetable oil
- 2tablespoons butter
- 1-- egg, lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 1-- roll of prepared polenta, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1/2cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2cup prepared pesto
- Garnish: Roasted red pepper strips (from a jar or can)
Flatten each chicken thigh to about 1/2 inch thickness by placing between plastic wrap and pounding.
In a shallow bowl, mix together the lemon pepper blend, parmesan cheese, potato flakes, and rice flour. Dip chicken cutlets into egg mixture, and then press into the seasoned potato flake mixture. Heat half of the vegetable oil and all of the butter in a large, non-stick skillet. Gently place chicken cutlets into the mixture, and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Gently turn with tongs, and cook the other side another 5 to 7 minutes, or until chicken is done, and juices run clear.
In another non-stick skillet, and while chicken is cooking, heat remaining vegetable oil, and place in polenta rounds. Fry for a few minutes on each side, until crispy.
To serve, divide polenta rounds evenly among 4 plates. Top with blue cheese crumbles, and place chicken cutlets on top. Drizzle with prepared pesto. Garnish with roasted red pepper strips. Makes 4 servings.