- Yield 8 servings
Twice-baked potatoes in an easy casserole.
"When I was 21, the place I worked in Michigan was famous for their twice-baked potatoes. I created this version because it was faster and easier. I'm now 67. Fix these ahead of time, and keep them warm until the rest of the meal is ready. "
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 medium green onion, chopped (white and green parts)
- Place 6 cups water in a large saucepan. Add potatoes and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch-square baking dish.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add butter, sour cream, egg and salt. Mash potato mixture with a potato masher until well blended. If mixture is dry, add 3 to 4 additional tablespoons of sour cream. Stir in chopped green onion and bacon crumbles.
- Spoon into prepared pan and bake, uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown
Elaine Garrett, Corbin, Ky.