- Yield servings
Here’s an easy candy that produces little pieces that look like spuds. Be a little careless in shaping them so they are knobby and irregular like real potatoes. Roll a second time in the cinnamon if you want an “earthier” look. These are perfect for making with kids.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar; beat until smooth.
Using your hands if necessary, mix in the coconut. Roll into balls or potato shapes, and roll in the cinnamon.
- Place onto a cookie sheet and chill to set. If desired, roll potatoes in cinnamon again for darker color.