- 1pound fingerling potatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- Olive oil
- 1/3cup lemon vinaigrette, divided
- 1pound tender inner leaves of romaine, Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 2 avocados, cut into wedges
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 3/4cup aged pecorino cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Toss potatoes in oil until coated; season with salt. Spread in shallow roasting pan in one layer; cover with foil. Roast 30 minutes; remove foil and roast 15 minutes more or until tender. Toss with 1 tablespoon of the lemon vinaigrette.
- In large bowl, toss lettuce with remaining lemon vinaigrette until lightly coated. Layer lettuce, avocados and potatoes on large platter or 4 individual salad plates. Grate eggs on top; sprinkle with cheese.
*To make lemon vinaigrette, whisk together 2 tablespoons, 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons minced shallots, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a pinch of black pepper. Makes 1/3 cup.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 437
- Fat 30g
- Cholesterol 135mg
- Sodium 355mg
- Potassium 1289mg
- Carbohydrate 32g
- Fiber 11g
- Protein 13g