- 3/4cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2tablespoons ginger, peeled, pureed
- 2 Idaho potatoes, cut into small dice
- 2 carrots, cut into small dice
- 1cup peas, frozen
- 2 Anaheim green chiles, roasted, peeled, small dice
- 2tablespoons Garam masala
- 1teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt, as needed
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- 2 Idaho potatoes, medium dice, boiled, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 2cups flour
- 6 pretzel or onion roll, buttered, toasted
- Saute onions, garlic and ginger in ghee until onions are browned.
- Add diced potatoes, carrots and peas to pan and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Remove potato mixture from heat and add chilies, garam masala, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, salt and pepper. Reserve, refrigerated, until cool.
- Combine potato mixture with mashed potato and eggs and form into 6-ounce patties. Place on a sheet tray, covered in plastic, and refrigerate until firm.
- Dredge patties in flour and fry in oil or ghee until golden brown on both sides.
- Place burgers on toasted buns, smother with mango chutney and garnish with cilantro.
Dennis Samala, Senior Culinary Manager, Jack in the Box, San Diego