Potato, Asparagus and Onion Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 40 mins
Roasted fingerling potatoes are tossed with asparagus, red onion and a bright Champagne vinaigrette.
- Champagne Dijon Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 -- shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1/8 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil, or to taste
- 1/4 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 -- yellow fingerling potatoes
- 24 -- asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 1 small red onion, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 small head frisee lettuce
- -- Shaved manchego cheese (optional)
- To prepare dressing, puree shallots, vinegar and Dijon until smooth. Slowly add oil in a thin stream until dressing is emulsified; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Toss potatoes in a little olive oil and roast at 400°F for 30 minutes or until soft. Grill onion over medium heat for 10 minutes or until soft. Add asparagus to grill and cook for a few minutes to lightly char. Toss vegetables with a small amount of dressing. Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet until very hot. Garnish with shaved cheese and serve immediately.