Potato and Vegetable Stack
- Yield servings
These stacks of potatoes and vegetables bring a lot of wow to your dinner table.
- 4 medium russet, Yukon Gold or white potatoes
- 2 medium portabella mushrooms, washed in cold water
- 2 medium zucchini, washed in cold water
- 1/4 yellow onion, peeled
- 1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- Cut a shallow slice on each potato to form a flat bottom for potato stack. Cut potatoes lengthwise into 3 pieces each.
- Scrape brown gills from the underside of the mushroom cap with knife in a side to side motion. Discard. Slice zucchini, yellow onion, tomato and mushroom in 1/4-inch slices.
- Assemble each stack in this order: potato (with flat base from Step 1), 2 zucchini slices (do not overlap), 3 to 4 onion slices, 3 to 4 mushroom slices, salt and pepper, Asiago cheese, 1 teaspoon Italian dressing, potato slice, 2 tomato slices, zucchini slices, salt and pepper, Asiago cheese, 1 teaspoon Italian dressing, potato lid, remaining Italian dressing.
- Secure each stack with 2 toothpicks. Cover with plastic wrap and place in microwave. Microwave on HIGH for 16 minutes* or until potatoes are done. Let sit for 2 minutes. Use oven mitts to carefully remove from microwave and serve. CAUTION: Due to steam build-up, use oven mitts or tongs to remove plastic wrap from dish.