Potato and Spinach Frittata
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 20 mins
For dinner or brunch, this easy frittata uses frozen potatoes and fresh spinach.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups frozen potatoes O'Brien
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups (about 3 ounces) packed torn spinach leaves
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (about 6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add potatoes, red bell pepper and garlic; cook and stir 8 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown. Add spinach; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat together eggs, milk, salt, basil and pepper until blended. Stir in cheese; pour into skillet. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 6-8 minutes or until top surface of egg is almost set.
- Place skillet under broiler. (If skillet handle is not ovenproof, wrap in triple thickness aluminum foil before placing in oven.) Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat 2 to 3 minutes or until egg is set.
Recipe courtesy of the United States Potato Board