Potato and Crabmeat Salad
- Yield 5 servings
Turn potato salad from ho-hum to fabulous by adding delectable crabmeat.
- 1 1/2 pounds baby new potatoes, cut in half or into 1-inch pieces (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 cup lite canola mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 -- scallions, white part minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 8 ounces cooked crabmeat
- Set a steamer basket in a large pot with a lid. Add enough water to come just below the basket and bring to a boil. Place the potatoes in the basket, cover pot, and reduce heat to a simmer. Steam the potatoes until tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, scallions, tarragon, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add the cooled potatoes, tomatoes, and crabmeat and stir gently to combine. Chill well before serving. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe by Janice Newell Bissex, MS, RD, and Liz Weiss, MS, RD, Authors, The Moms' Guide to Meal Makeovers