Portobello Mushroom Burgers
- Yield: 2 servings
- 2 portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing on the portobellos
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon black pepper
- 2 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- 2tablespoons fat free mayonnaise
- 2teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2slices fresh mozzarella, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and sliced into strips
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat or place a grill pan over medium high heat on the stove.
- Clean the tops of the portobello mushrooms by rubbing them with a wet paper towel. Scrape the “gills” out of the underside with a spoon. Brush both sides with olive oil, season with salt and pepper to taste and place on the grill or grill pan. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes, flip and grill the other side for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Grill the buns cut side down for about 30 seconds. Return grilled buns to a serving platter and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and chopped tarragon together. Spread lightly on the grilled hamburger bun tops.
- On the bun bottom, add a slice of mozzarella. Top with the mushroom caps, then half of the roasted red pepper strips and complete with the tarragon spread bun top.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 236
- Fat 8.1g
- Saturated Fat 3.7g
- Cholesterol 12mg
- Sodium 374mg
- Carbohydrate 29.9g
- Fiber 4.2g
- Sugars 7.7g
- Protein 13.2g