Portobello and black olive-stuffed meatloaf
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 70 mins
- 1 1/2pounds Your favorite meatloaf mix
- 1/2can Rinsed & drained kidney or black beans (optional)
- 1medium Diced red pepper, or use jarred roasted peppers
- 1cup Shredded Jack cheese
- 1 6-oz.cans Sliced or chopped black olives
- 1medium Portobello mushroom, sliced
- 3/4pound Bacon
Mix meatloaf and beans, if using.
On a flat surface of plastic wrap, spread meatloaf mix to form a 12" by 15" rectangle. Cover with red pepper, cheese, and black olives. Place mushroom slices end to end from top to bottom of rectangle. Using plastic wrap, roll meatloaf to encase all ingredients. Place on a non-stick or foil-lined baking sheet or shallow pan, seam side down, and remove plastic.
Wrap meatloaf crosswise with bacon slices, tucking the ends under the meat.
Bake in a 350• oven for 1 hour 10 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.