Portobello and black olive-stuffed meatloaf
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 70 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds Your favorite meatloaf mix
- 1/2 can Rinsed & drained kidney or black beans (optional)
- 1 medium Diced red pepper, or use jarred roasted peppers
- 1 cup Shredded Jack cheese
- 1 6-oz. cans Sliced or chopped black olives
- 1 medium Portobello mushroom, sliced
- 3/4 pound Bacon
Mix meatloaf and beans, if using.
On a flat surface of plastic wrap, spread meatloaf mix to form a 12" by 15" rectangle. Cover with red pepper, cheese, and black olives. Place mushroom slices end to end from top to bottom of rectangle. Using plastic wrap, roll meatloaf to encase all ingredients. Place on a non-stick or foil-lined baking sheet or shallow pan, seam side down, and remove plastic.
Wrap meatloaf crosswise with bacon slices, tucking the ends under the meat.
Bake in a 350• oven for 1 hour 10 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.