Pork Tenderloin with Two Marinades
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
Two choices for grilling pork-either one is exceptional!
- 4 whole pork tenderloins
- Honey Ginger Marinade:
- 1 -- piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup honey
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons sesame oil
- Cantonese Marinade:
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 or 4 -- garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon five spice seasoning
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- Marinate pork tenderloins in either marinade for at least 1 hour or overnight in refrigerator. Remove meat from marinade and discard marinade. Broil 6 to 8 minutes per side, or barbeque over medium hot coals approximately 5 minutes per side. Thinly slice pork on the diagonal and serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Sacramento’s Celebrate! (the Junior League of Sacramento, CA., 1991).