Pork Tenderloin Satay with Brandy Pear Relish
- Yield: 16 to 18 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- 1-- pork tenderloin (about 1 pound), partially frozen
- 1-- (15 1/4-ounce) can Bartlett pears in heavy syrup
- 1/2cup apricot preserves
- 1/4cup white onion, finely chopped
- 2tablespoons brandy
- 1teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped or grated
- 1/4teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4cup golden raisins (optional)
- 16 to 18-- (6-inch) wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- To make relish, drain pears, reserving juice; chop and set aside. Pour pear juice into 1-quart saucepan; stir in preserves, onion, brandy, ginger and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil gently for 8 to 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced and slightly thickened. Remove from heat; allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, using a sharp knife, slice pork tenderloin into 1/4-inch-thick medallions; place in a resealable plastic bag. Pour about 1/2 cup cooled juice mixture over pork in bag; seal and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Gently stir together chopped pears, remaining juice mixture and raisins; refrigerate until serving time.
- When ready to cook, spray broiler pan with cooking spray and preheat broiler. Discard the marinade.
- Thread pork medallions onto skewers. Place pork skewers on broiler pan about 7 inches from broiler. Broil for 3 minutes per side. Serve with Brandy Pear Relish.
Note: If apricot pieces are too large, use kitchen shears to cut into small pieces. Soaking wooden skewers in water helps to keep them from charring under the broiler.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 90
- Glycemic Load 0
- Fat 1.5g
- Saturated Fat 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 0.5g
- Cholesterol 20mg
- Sodium 20mg
- Potassium 120mg
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugars 8g
- Protein 6g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Vitamin A 0%
- Vitamin C 2%
- Calcium 0%
- Iron 2%