- Yield: 8 servings
The cider gives this stew a great flavor and is super served over mashed potatoes.
- 3pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3cup all-purpose flour
- 2large onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 3cups apple cider
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (16-ounce) package baby carrots
- Heat a large pot coated with nonstick cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add the pork and brown lightly on all sides. Sprinkle the meat with salt and pepper while browning. When all the meat is brown, about 6 minutes, sprinkle with the flour and stir vigorously. Stir in the onions. Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually add the cider and beef broth.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour, remove the lid, add carrots and continue cooking for 20 minutes longer or until the meat is very tender and the carrots are done.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 310
- Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 111mg
- Sodium 263mg
- Carbohydrate 24g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 38g